Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy New Year!

2011 was quite an interesting year. I read about 300 books! I had a wonderful time reliving some books previously read via audiobooks. Some narrators truly enhanced the experience. I've been enjoying J.D. Robb's "in Death" series as well as the the "Merry Gentry" & "Anita Blake" series written by Laurell K. Hamilton. There were new paranormal experiences via the following authors: Lara Adrian, Ellen Schreiber, Ilona Andrews, Katie MacAlister and others. In the romance genre Debbie Macomber, Lynsay Sands, Nora Roberts and Susan Mallery to name a few kept me quite entertained. As for authors that made me laugh aloud a few times, I can recommend the following: Jeff Lindsay's Dexter series; Victoria Dahl's Tumble Creek series; the Accidental series by Dakota Cassidy and a few books written by Carl Hiassen, particularly, "Double Whammy." Though I enjoyed meeting via their works, many new authors in 2011, my top three were: Stieg Larrson, George Pelecanos and Victoria Dahl. If you love to read, I hope you'll give some of these author's a whirl. In this new year, I will make a better effort to keep you apprised of my reading enjoyments and/or discoveries monthly. Until next month...happy reading!

No comments: